Under general supervision, responsible for orderly operation of Central Stores including, but not limited to, receiving, retrieving, storing, delivering and distributing materials, supplies and equipment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation process. Provide detailed benefit information to all college personnel and retirees regarding benefits offered by the college and the requirements for participation. Conduct enrollment meetings, answer questions, and educate employees on plan design. Maintain benefits handbook and website.
- Work with Director to assist in reviewing employee and retiree benefit plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value and meet College benefit philosophy.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Design, recommend and implement benefit programs.
Manage vendor negotiation and the benefit plan renewal process.
- Collect experience data from available resources and maintain records and prepares reports on enrollment, plan utilization, and plan reviews.
- Examine possible plan design or benefit cost changes including contract provisions, co-pays, deductibles and limitations and exclusions for the benefit of the College.
- Directs activities of Wellness Committee.
- Administer vacation, sick, FMLA and other leaves.
- Leads Human Resources in absence of Director.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Directs activities of Benefits Coordinator.
- College Degree or relevant work experience in a related field.
- Three to five years human resources and benefits administration experience.
- Requires proven managerial and administrative ability and is able to communicate effectively with various types of individuals and organizations.
- Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Office.